IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Before you receive RELYVRIO, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have pancreas, liver, or intestinal problems
- Have heart failure, including congestive heart failure
- Have high blood pressure
- Have kidney problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if RELYVRIO will harm your unborn baby
- Are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if RELYVRIO passes into your breast milk. You and your doctor should decide the best way to feed your baby
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements and any taurursodiol products, such as tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA).
RELYVRIO may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how RELYVRIO works.
What are the possible side effects of RELYVRIO?
RELYVRIO may cause serious side effects, including:
- Changes in bile acid levels. RELYVRIO may increase bile acid levels and cause worsening diarrhea if you already have problems with your liver, bile ducts, or pancreas. Your doctor should monitor you for these side effects. Some disorders of the pancreas, bile ducts, or intestines may also make it harder to absorb RELYVRIO
- Salt (sodium) retention. RELYVRIO contains a high amount of salt. For people who are sensitive to salt intake, such as people with heart failure, high blood pressure, or kidney problems, limit the amount of salt you eat and drink. Talk to your doctor about the total amount of daily salt that is right for you. Your doctor will monitor you for signs and symptoms of salt retention during your treatment with RELYVRIO
The most common side effects of RELYVRIO include diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, and upper respiratory tract infection.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of RELYVRIO. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
RELYVRIO is indicated for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) in adults.
For more information about RELYVRIO, please see the full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide.
Reference: 1. RELYVRIO. Package insert. Amylyx Pharmaceuticals Inc; 2022.